Tuesday, September 2, 2008

words that burn

i have decided to dredge my closet for boxes of my old writing. old writing does not equate bad writing. perhaps there is something of substance, something workable in there. if i could make the old presentable then perhaps it would make my new presentable. if i had true ambition i would dive into my antique trunk full of 100+ journals written over the course of my life. but i know they were only written to vent, rarely creative, and probably some very embarassing and painful to read. particularly during my Drunk Phase when my writing often seemed profound ... if i could only make out my drunken scrawl. there again, those may have something of substance in them. they are, after all, the thoughts of a lifetime. never meant for anyone else's eyes. instead, my fantasy was to be burned on a funeral pyre of those journals. i guess that means i have to write more. a pyre must be impressive in size.

No comments: